A Partnership That Keeps on Growing
Barton Malow and Macomb Community College have been a team since 1974 when our company provided Program Management services for the college’s campus expansion project. Since 1988 Barton Malow has been the only Construction Manager working on-campus and has provided preconstruction and construction services on more than 25 new buildings and renovation projects annually at Macomb Community College’s four campuses. As a testament to Barton Malow’s exceptional services, our annual Capital Services contract has been extended every year.
We continue that partnership with the Capital Project Series. The scope includes several classroom renovations, expansions and remodels, an emergency training center, data centers, skill labs and a theater. Significant projects completed since 2007 have included a 30,000 SF addition to the emergency training center (MESTC Building), two 37,000 SF classroom additions, including lab spaces, a 26,000 SF addition to the Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and new infrastructure at the South and Center campuses (which encompass new roads, bridges, parking lots and chiller/boiler upgrades). Additionally, numerous small projects including interior finish upgrades, roof replacements, repaving, landscaping and site work have taken place.
Lead Project Manager Scott Schollenberger has completed more than 150 projects since joining the team in 1998. Over the years, Barton Malow has provided services including preliminary estimates, design development input, quality management, constructability reviews, preconstruction services and construction management services.
A List of Barton Malow’s Projects at Macomb Community College within the Last Five Years:
- The MESTC Building, a 30,000 SF addition was completed for the emergency training center at the East Campus.
- The UC3 Building, located at the Center Campus, received a 37,000 SF classroom addition, including spaces for science labs.
- A 37,000 SF classroom addition with science lab spaces was completed at the HSTC Building “R”. Additionally, new parking and roadways were completed.
- At the college’s South Campus. Lots 7 and 8 were completely tore out and replaced. This included parking lots, sidewalks, site lighting, landscaping and campus roads.
- At the college’s Center Campus, the Garfield Road entry was renovated, including the complete removal and replacement of existing parking lots, relocation of campus entrance from the main road, site lighting and landscaping.
- The UC4 Building, located at the college’s Center Campus, received a 26,000 SF addition to the existing university center for Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- At the South and Center Campuses, a complete tear-out and replacement took place for parking lots, sidewalks, site lighting, landscaping and loop roads.
- The South Campus SB Science Labs were completely gutted and remodeled from old chemistry labs. The project included multiple utilities.